Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with fishing. Feel free to tell the tale of the one that got away.
By myglimk2
Well, yesterday I caught a 10" rainbow trout, a 13" small mouth, and a 22" large mouth in less than 45mins! :P :lol:

Ctshooting fresh water fish off? 8)
By newguy
Fishing is a passion for sure. Never grows old
By myglimk2
That's for sure!

We should try to set up a little fishing day for some of us members.
By 67malibu
A buddy took me and my boy to a few of his favorite fishing areas within 10 mins my son caught a 17" brown trout and a 23" rainbow 30 minutes later. Me well I got shi* but it was cool to see the boy tripping over himself to bring the rainbow in.

tomorrow we may go out and get some fish for the garden soil..been out picking crawlers for a little while tonight must have snagged 50 of them.
By newguy
Tell ya I been using meal worms and 79 cent cans of corn from grocery store. Been making a killing using corn
By SR9
Interesting reading about the fishing experience. Last time I went fishing was when I was a 4th grader. We used earth worms on ornament hanger hooks and caught a few sunnies in the local pond. Makes me laugh when I think about it.
By 67malibu
6 of us went to Ware Mass fished in my buddies favorite spot. I almost shit myself with the size of the rainbow trouts we were pulling out of there.

2 & 3 pounders , caught 12 total. and I caught this monster I had no freaking clue what it was . buddy told me it was a salmon had to be 3' long biggest damn fish I have ever seen ,popped my line at the shore 3 more seconds and the net would have gotten him. pissed me right off.

next time we go there I'm bringing a camera to show the proof. best day fishing ever for me. :D
By myglimk2
I hear ya on that, Malibu! I've had several of those, almost in boat moments. :lol:

Going Carp fishing tonight with my brother in law. 8)
By 67malibu
carp fishing huh thats gotta be fun Good Luck. we went to the mill pond in somersville tonight, got nothing at all. going to hit a spot right around the corner tomorrow night, should get something there I hope.
By myglimk2
Thanks. Only saw one Carp tonight, my brother in law took a shot but missed. We went over by the Shelton/Derby dam. He and I are going again tomorrow morning, hopefully more will be out. Dying to try out my new bow fishing setup! 8)
http://www.ctshooting.com/modules.php?n ... pic&t=9827
Good luck tomorrow! :D
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!