Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By SR9
It has been a bit too quiet around here so I thought i would start a thread on what members are shooting for fun and sport this Summer. I will start.

I am a 22 bulls eye shooter and belong to the NVPL. Spent May-August shooting the Summer League. Also, participated in all the 22 silhouette, pins and service rifle matches at WLOPA this Summer.

The NVPL Winter League Starts 10/12. Looking forward to stepping up my average this year.
By Hddreamer
I don't belong to any leagues, this summer I've been shooting my sti-dvc and my carry
sti-elektra at the club I belong to (new departure) really would like to join a league but not one to just invite myself into one never thought I would be good enough to compete I do shoot .22s , 9mm , and once in a while my .380 and .357
By CTSixshot
Seems as though most are hoarding ammo; firearms are moth-balled.
I blast a few water-filled cans before recycling them.
Trying to get my neighbor to get some trigger time with his arsenal, but he's always too busy. Loaded up some .243 Winchester for his wife and some .303 British for his newly-acquired Mk3 SMLE, but I've been the only one to shoot it as yet (what a fun shooter!).

Not with the SMLE, but rather 18 grain plastic riot bullets out of my FR-7:

By Sebring_Pop
I shoot bulls eye winter league (Metropolitan Revolver League of Hartford). I also shoot a summer league and occasional bowling pin, pie plate, sheet and sporting clays. And of course a plinker now and then.
By SR9
Hddreamer wrote:I don't belong to any leagues, this summer I've been shooting my sti-dvc and my carry
sti-elektra at the club I belong to (new departure) really would like to join a league but not one to just invite myself into one never thought I would be good enough to compete I do shoot .22s , 9mm , and once in a while my .380 and .357
As far as the league goes the NVPL is a club with just 4 teams and we shoot at the Concordia in Seymour. No traveling. Everyone is welcome and we have a lot of new to bulls eye shooters. We are very laid back and we compete against each other for fun. Win lose or draw we just have fun. Several forum members shoot there with me. They might chime in.

So if you are interested please let me know.

Nice on the STI, they make nice hardware for sure.
By SR9
CTSixshot wrote:Seems as though most are hoarding ammo; firearms are moth-balled.
I blast a few water-filled cans before recycling them.
Trying to get my neighbor to get some trigger time with his arsenal, but he's always too busy. Loaded up some .243 Winchester for his wife and some .303 British for his newly-acquired Mk3 SMLE, but I've been the only one to shoot it as yet (what a fun shooter!).

Not with the SMLE, but rather 18 grain plastic riot bullets out of my FR-7:

Nice CT. One of these days I am going to get out to your neck of the woods. Sounds like you have a nice place there
By SR9
Sebring_Pop wrote:I shoot bulls eye winter league (Metropolitan Revolver League of Hartford). I also shoot a summer league and occasional bowling pin, pie plate, sheet and sporting clays. And of course a plinker now and then.
Nice! I knew there were a few more bulls eye shooters out there.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!