Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By 19-3ben
Odd question here. I have a friend out of state who wants to get an 80% lower, but for reasons that don't warrant discussion is unable to order one.

As a CT resident, I obviously would not be able to complete or build up an 80% lower here in CT because the registration date has passed, etc... etc...
But would I be able to take possession of an 80% lower, and then mail or bring it to my friend in New Hampshire where he can legally build an AR?

Since an 80% lower is not a firearm at all and not a receiver, it's just a piece of metal, so I assume it's legal for me to buy, but just wanted to double check.

Again: I WOULD NOT BE COMPLETING, MACHINING OR BUILDING UP A LOWER. I WOULD LITERALLY TAKE POSSESSION OF IT IN IT'S 80% COMPLETE FORM, AND TRANSFER OUT IT IN THE SAME CONDITION.
By AGust82
Can we still buy 80% lowers legally? I assumed it was illegal now.
By 19-3ben
I don't know. That's part of the point of the question.
But as far as I can tell, the whole point of an 80% lower is that it's not a gun, it's not a receiver etc... It's just a piece of metal. Only once you finish it does it then become a gun.
So if it's not a gun, then I can't imagine a gun law saying you can't own it.

But with all these stupid laws, who the hell knows, right? That's why I'm throwing the question out to ye experts.
By Rbadbadger
An 80% is a hunk of metal that does nothing but weigh down papers. I can't see how this would be an issue at all.
By 220combat
They can be bought here in CT. It's only illegal if it is machined into a BANNED firearm. There are 80%'ers for more than just ar-15's.
By 19-3ben
There are 80%'ers for more than just ar-15's.
Quite right. I have dreamed for years of doing a 1911 80% build up.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!