Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By myglimk2
JohnFH wrote:He was on the phone with me half the time he was at Cabelas.

I'll be making a trip south once he gets it mounted to the bench.
:lol:
By myglimk2
Now just waiting for John to help me setting it up the rest of the way. :D
By PaiN
Wow!......so many places to hang underware 8)
By myglimk2
PaiN wrote:Wow!......so many places to hang underware 8)
Oh jeez, I see where this thread is going now! :lmao:
By JohnFH
myglimk2 wrote:
PaiN wrote:Wow!......so many places to hang underware 8)
Oh jeez, I see where this thread is going now! :lmao:
IT IS NOT

Monday afternoon might work, let me know
By myglimk2
Monday afternoon might work. Both boys are in the parade this year which should be over by then. I'll keep you posted. :wink:
By PaiN
Thanks I tried to distract myself, but I woke up this morning thinking about reloading :? ....and if I ever did start I'd like a Lee pretty much exactly as you now have...
The hold back I have is I don't believe I shoot enough pistol to make it worth the setup cost and I'm not serious enough about rifle accuracy/precision to be bothered developing loads and such. Well, this is what I tell myself :?
By JohnFH
The setup will pay for itself if you spend more than 400 a year on pistol ammo, and because your ammo cost becomes so low over time, you shoot more.

There is no way I could shoot half as much as I do if I had to buy ammo all the time.

Some people never reload more than the most common pistol load they shoot and never venture into rifle(not many, but some)
By GreggAndrews
JohnFH wrote:The setup will pay for itself if you spend more than 400 a year on pistol ammo, and because your ammo cost becomes so low over time, you shoot more.

There is no way I could shoot half as much as I do if I had to buy ammo all the time.

Some people never reload more than the most common pistol load they shoot and never venture into rifle(not many, but some)
I'm currently reloading for two calibers, and perhaps two more within the near future. Already doing 7x57 & .30-06... looking for .50-70 dies...

Figuring I can load them for less than $10 a box, and it costs $20/20 for the cheap stuff, I've already made up the savings in a couple hundred rounds. Especially if you're like me and you start loading obsolete ammunition... :)
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!