Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By Mike-Sid
Thanks for the tip. I just ordered 1k of the 230gr 45's :lol:
By bradjames
So far they are all look great. But I really love the pic posted by CTSixshot, so amazing.

Last edited by bradjames on Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
By PRussell3
North East Target and Shooting Supply just updated their site. They have a lot of stock. Great prices. Thanks
By mu2bdriver
I placed my first order last week and am very happy with the 10mm brass I received.
By PRussell3
I should be getting mine tomorrow. Cabelas has titegroup for $20. I picked some up tonight. and cci primers 1000 for $32
By PRussell3
Received brass today. .40 and 9mm 3 days for shipping. Im happy with that. Ill have to let you know how it is after i get to reload some of it. But fast shipping is a good start.
By CTSixshot
So... how's the reloading coming along?
By PRussell3
Waiting on .40 conversion kit for press and then I can start setup. Hoping to be ready for next weekend. Received my order for 9mm and .40 once fired brass from net&ss. Best customer service around. Great product and prices.
By CTSixshot
Looks like an economical round for most 30 calibers:
https://www.nereloading.com/index.php/n ... tiles.html
Perhaps not your ideal hunting round, but it would make for some fun plinking fodder.
If you need assistance rolling some 7.5x55mm, 7.62x51mm and/or 63mm, bring your bullets and brass down. Onsite range provided.
These would probably be good in an M1 Carbine, perhaps even in the 7.62x25mm...let's try some. I have .30 Carbine brass, but no M1 Carbine. I have a few rubber magazine covers, however.

BTW, this offer could apply to other calibers. Contact me and let me know what you seek; I may entertain sharing orders on other calibers, too. It never hurts to have a reserve of .264", .311", .355", 357/8", .451" diameter bullets.
By CTSixshot
I don't recall if I've posted these home-made bullets before, but they sure do a number on water-filled cans and even fly true at 100 meters (make holes cleaner than wadcutters)...

Don't recall how cleanly these printed, when I loaded some for my FR-7...

Never fired these .40 S&W filled with shot and wax (top two rounds, of course), since my Redhawk left a long time ago...

Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!