Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By newguy
I have to admit reloading your own stuff has benefit of tuning your round better to your firearm. Factory loads are based on whatever rifle type they use which may or may not be one your using
By JohnFH
Factory loads are based on SAAMI specifications, which are the standard the industry uses.
By CTSixshot
Agreed. Loaded to standards to work in virtually all firearms chambered in that caliber. For 90% of shooters, this is probably good enough.

Just came in from shooting some mild cast and reduced jacketed loads in the m96. What a pleasure to shoot: group rather nicely (for my eyes) and the report is modest for backyard shooting (in North Stonington).
Not to mention very inexpensive to boot! Hmmm...how many loads out of a pound of powder at 9.5 grains each? Hee hee hee!

Ohh! Did I mention this Swede is 101 years young! Dang, shoots as well as the day he/she was born!
By chasetheonly
I'll definitely come to Branford for some R&D, haha. Could we shoot there or would we need to go to N.Stonington / Blue trail?

On a side note, my Mil-dot app was configured incorrectly, which I'm sure didn't help the sight in process. I had 1 in 12 twist in there, and slightly different specs from what I was shooting. The difference isn't huge, but noticeable.

Any scope adjustments I made after the first "sight in" wasn't based on the app, though.

I can't do anything this weekend, but the following should works well.
By CTSixshot
Branford is where I do most of my reloading these days, but there's no shooting here; limited facilities in North Stonington. We've talked about the farm range before; you just have to be the wheels.
Looks like I'm heading down to Branford Friday afternoon ...
By chasetheonly
Soon indeed. I can't Friday though.

Stupid busy lately, sorry. Working a job and a half and sleeping 3 hours a night.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!