Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Gear Discussion
By SR9
I have some low quality kitchen knives as well as a low quality EDC knife. These knives need regular sharpening and I was looking to see what our knife experts here use to sharpen their knives. Some skilled people I know will only use a stone and really make a hobby out of putting the perfect edge on their hardware. Unfortunately, I am not as dedicated nor do I have the extra time. That said, is there one commercially available sharpener that anyone knows of that really works?
By JohnFH
stone to an edge, hone with a steel
By Hddreamer
Talked to my son ,he said your gonna get what you pay for ,that is ,you can get one of those pull through sharpeners, it will sharpen it but not that great then you can get into the stone systems they have several different types but it all depends what your willing to spend ,
I guess the question is ,
What kind of edge are you looking for , and how much are you looking to spend .
If you can let me know that , he can probably pin point down a good system for you ,
He's use to mirror finishes ,to the point that if you were to place the edge against the surface you can see the surface perfectly on the edge , no distortion what so ever and no scratches or lines on the finish
Hope this helps out in some way
Paul
By Hddreamer
Your not that bad off with that to spend I'm having my son look into it ,he says you can get a pretty decent sharpener for that prices hes looking into it for you Vin
By Hddreamer
Here's a couple of sites check these out my son says this seems like the kind your looking for , let me know what you think

Work Sharp WSKTS-W Knife & Tool Sharpener
By Hddreamer
Here's one more for ya sr9

Work Sharp WSCMB Combo Knife Sharpener, Consistent & Precision Cutting Edge, Tapered Ceramic Honing Rod, Long-Lasting Abrasive Belt for all the knives in your collection
By Hddreamer
Anytime good luck , let me know how you make out , my son said that if you wanted to try out his you can drop by and he can show you how his works ,he has one a little different but the same brand now he uses something different now, but says there really good for what your looking for
By Hddreamer
Ok , my son said if you want to come down and try his your welcome to
By SR9
Hddreamer wrote:Here's a couple of sites check these out my son says this seems like the kind your looking for , let me know what you think

Work Sharp WSKTS-W Knife & Tool Sharpener
I bought this one and got it today. It works great! Thanks.
By Hddreamer
That's great ! , looks like you got a good price on it too !
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!