Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General car chit-chat for the auto guys
By myglimk2
As many already know, I'm picking up a 1996 Honda Shadow VLX 600.
Getting the bike from my cousins husband, Conrad. The bike belonged to his father and has since past and the bike was left to him. He wants to get his kids a go kart so he sold me the bike for $400.00.
It's had some custom work already done to it, I'm not exactly sure what though. I know Conrad did do a custom paint job on the bike and his brother had most of the performance work done to it.
With the passing of his father and the bike being tossed around between Conrad and his brother, the title was lost. He's in the process of getting a new title for it so I can get up there and get the bike home.
It does start but won't stay running. I'll have to look into this some more once I get the bike home. More than likely will be using my cousins pick up to get here.
The project is going to be slow but I will update when ever I do something to the bike.
The end result of what I want it to look like is pictured below.

Enjoy! 8)

All parts are there/included.

The final product will look very similar to this. Minus the flames. I love the black and white theme.
By JohnB
:D :D
By Mike-Sid
going to be nice!
By Sebring_Pop
Great project !!!!!! Take you time and enjoy !!!!!!
By myglimk2
Thanks guys!
By myglimk2
Thanks SR! I'm anxious to get started on it.
Was joking with Pain about throwing a turbo on it. Been thinking about it and I think it'd look bad ass hanging off to the side. Don't need anything huge, just a little snail. :twisted:

Chances are that I won't but, I like throwing around the idea. :lol:
By PaiN
You were only joking about the turbo.. :(
By SR9
myglimk2 wrote:Thanks SR! I'm anxious to get started on it.
Was joking with Pain about throwing a turbo on it. Been thinking about it and I think it'd look bad ass hanging off to the side. Don't need anything huge, just a little snail. :twisted:

Chances are that I won't but, I like throwing around the idea. :lol:
Well, the check book is the limit coupled with your creativity. I am sure you will come up with some neat stuff for this project.

I guess I never though about making a custom bike out of a shadow. I have an '04 Shadow(750cc) and it is a solid bike. It should make a great foundation for your project.

The turbo idea is cool, I saw a Hyabusa with twin turbos once, unbelievable. As an alternative you might look into a jug and cam swap with a newer shadow to get a quick boost to 750cc.

There are a lot of aftermarket parts for this bike so you will have your pick.

I am looking forward to monitoring the process since I have future plans to build something. Just gotta get past all the complications at home before I can even think about it. Maybe next year. GL and have fun.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!