Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General car chit-chat for the auto guys
By CTSixshot
Press Release: Volkswagen of America Reports November 2013 Sales
Today 9:38 AM ET (Dow Jones)

• November sales total 30,727 units, second best November since 1973

• Chattanooga-built Passat delivered 8,876 units for the month

• Jetta Sedan delivered 10,828 units for the month

• Tiguan delivered 2,235 units for the month

• High-mileage, TDI Clean Diesel models accounted for 21 percent of sales in November and 24 percent of sales year-to-date, the best year-to-date results on record

- Passat TDI sales reach 32,754 year-to-date, the best year-to-date TDI results on record

Herndon, VA (December3, 2013) - Volkswagen of America, Inc. (VWoA) today reported 30,727 units delivered in November and 373,689 units year-to-date. November sales achieved the second highest level since 1973. Adjusted for models in run-out, Volkswagen's year-to-date pace is essentially on pace with the prior year-to-date sales.

"Volkswagen is now operating at a new level not seen in 40 years, and with the strength of our line-up, we are confident we will close out a second consecutive year with over 400,000 vehicles," said Jonathan Browning, president and CEO, Volkswagen Group of America. "Having doubled sales from 2009 and with the strong investments in North American investment plans, we are confident that we have a strong base for future growth."

Volkswagen also took another step forward last month with the release of the J.D. Power 2013 Sales Satisfaction (SSI) results. The brand is now amongst the Top 5 volume players and ahead of key Asian competitors.
By Mike_Diako
VW's are great vehicles. My Wife has a 2013 Passat and I have an '08 A4. We love them. If these vehicles last as long and put up with as much abuse as my '99 A4 I will be impressed.
By myglimk2
Lol, thanks G!

My wife and I took delivery of both our Tiguans last November.
It's good to see VW doing well. I believe they almost pulled out of the US completely back in 1993 due to sales. Took some time coming back but they do have a nice line up of cars.
By mu2bdriver
I remember back in the late 80s and early 90s, VWs were considered the bastard offspring of Audis and nobody wanted to drive them. Now the difference in VW quality has really tightened up. A Passat will never be an A8, but you're not spending 4x as much either.
By myglimk2
I miss my 92 Jetta, both of them actually. lol
By myglimk2
Made me want to dig through some old pics. :lol:

My wedding day. :whistle:

And the Tiguan.
By myglimk2
My 02 supercharged Jetta.
By CTSixshot
Quite a collection...
...but, I just can't make out "TDI" on any of them!
By LTB45
Back in the early 90's I had a GTI.
That was a fun little car and it was FAST!
By PaiN
The VW logo is a satanic symbol referencing the Hebrew "Vav(V/W)which has a corresponding value of 6. The three V's of the logo stand for Vav, Vav, Vav which equal "666"
By myglimk2
:twisted:
By PaiN
myglimk2 wrote::twisted:
BMW is no better..... ;)
By myglimk2
Well, from what I've heard is that the BMW symbol is suppose to represent the prop of a plane. I've never actually researched it. :roll:
By PaiN
myglimk2 wrote:Well, from what I've heard is that the BMW symbol is suppose to represent the prop of a plane. I've never actually researched it. :roll:
Yea sure Jeff...... hehehe
By myglimk2
CTSixshot wrote:Quite a collection...
...but, I just can't make out "TDI" on any of them!
I know, never got into the TDI's. Always wanted to swap a newer TDI engine into an older mk1 or mk2 though. :lol:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!