Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

What if planning, survival, SHTF
By AGust82
I've been entertained reading a lot of your posts about SHTF scenarios, and just like everyone else I've got my theories, supplies, and plans. The one topic no one ever mentions and I think about a lot is when it's time to start implementing said plans. I'm betting you wont be woken up by the sunlight in your window instead of an alarm clock one morning and just know it's happened. I'm expecting increased financial disaster, followed by escalating crime and lawlessness, probably at a fairly slow pace. It'll be very hard to tell when it's time to start skipping 911 calls. Obviously any type of break-in or home invaders will get lead with increased vigilance but I'm talking about gray areas. What's your trigger?
By myglimk2
When it is no longer safe to walk out of your front door without a rifle slung over your back.
By hayes1966
It took less than 48 hours for the fabric of society to break down in New Orleans after Katrina hit. I am not sure there is a specific time limit as such but waiting till the police can no longer maintain control may be too late.
By GreggAndrews
I'll stop mashing 911 when it's obvious I'm not going to get help I need.
By KenT
SR9 wrote:
myglimk2 wrote:When it is no longer safe to walk out of your front door without a rifle slung over your back.
+1
Ditto
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!