Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

What if planning, survival, SHTF
By hayes1966
This is the third major storm in two years, I am wondering how many have generators, what type, would like to get some info as to what size what they run etc.

Anyone stock up on mre or other non perishable foodstuffs?

I think the forum may need a preppers/shtf type section going forward.
By myglimk2
Been prepping for several months now. Everything from gear to MRE's and water. Can't forget non parishable food and plenty of water and batteries. Got plenty of ammo just in case some thugs wanna play catch with some hot lead.

No use for a generator, just my preference. Since I like being with out power. No T.V., no phones, no computers. Just the way I like it! :oops:
By Hddreamer
I got a genarac 6500 watt generator works great so far I'm running 2refrigarators 2tvs lights ,furnace,Internet washing machine
I thought it was a waste of money at first cause I really didn't need it but now I'm glad I got it ,it's powering my house and in-law apartment no problem
By PaiN
I'm with myglimk2.....well, stocked on provisions(H2O, rice, beans, canned fruit) and munitions.
However, I do have a medium generator...but it will never power the TV, PC or anything like that. Its for powering the fridge, charging the cells and a light if necessary.
By mu2bdriver
I didn't lose power this storm but was without for 4-5 days last year. I didn't get a generator because I couldn't justify the expense to use it for such a small portion of the time and I wouldn't use it for anything else. When I was searching, I was looking at the Aurora diesel line and would have bought that.

Plenty of food, water, firewood, and last year when people were freezing in their homes my wife and I had the fire roaring and it was 80s inside.

I never really worried about meats going bad in the freezer because I could can them if they thawed out.

If we were to get a direct hit from a storm I have pre-cut pieces of plywood ready to screw over the windows and could board up in about 30 minutes.
By 67malibu
I have been starting to build up some supplies.

have a lot of canned fruits , beans, a little rice , a lot of water, building up ammo supplies (.357). trying to pick out a SHTF pistol . not sure if I should get a .45 or go back to 9mm for cost and ease of obtaining ammo.. and I have to pick out a rifle some time also.

just bought a Generac 7500 comes in tuesday.

and on another note I have gotten a few backpacks together in case we ever have to leave for an emergency. just have to figure out what to stock in them.
By nvisn
I have no food, water, supplies, or munitions. :beer:
By MessEleven
nvisn wrote:I have no food, water, supplies, or munitions. :beer:
Time to hit the club!
By tom941
Had a Generac 14kw standby unit installed 6 months ago...runs everything in house except stove and washer/dryer. Fueled by LP tank. Any questions feel free to ask.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!