Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Off-Topic Discussions
By SR9
I don't know about everyone out there but I have been inundated with telemarketers over the last couple of years. Our phone rings all day long.
I told my wife to not answer them because they note the time of day and will call again. We are and have been on the do not call list for years and I have checked and re-registered every year but that does not help. My wife called the hot line to report violators and some calls stopped for about a week but came back with a vengeance.

Our phone has a call block feature the just allows it to ring once so that helps. It is getting so bad I am thinking of unplugging it. Frustrating.

Has anyone else been getting calls?
By Hddreamer
Yeah I've been getting them also a lot from Pennsylvania I even get calls that have my name and my phone number on it ! I am also on the do not call list , I wouldn't be surprised if our lovely governor signed a law saying he could sell those numbers to telemarketers some time in the middle of the night !
By CTSixshot
I think the DNC list just verifies that your number is legitimate and targets you for more calls.
By SR9
Hdd, I would not put anything past our bozo in chief.

CT, sometimes I think that is exactly what that does.

I just got a call that came up with a caller ID of Fraud Likely .... pretty funny but who thought I would answer a caller ID like that. :)
By Hddreamer
LOL! I know ,it's like you know it's a bogus call but you just got to answer it , I just wish there was a way to get them to stop besides getting rid of your phone !
By JohnFH
I used to get a lot of unwanted calls

Then one day I answered, (made sure it wasn't a customer ;) ) and then just to get as rude and insulting as I possibly could, funny enough, they didn't care for that and stopped calling, go figure.

Another one, after 2 weeks of them calling everyday, I called them back over and over 22 times in a row.... they had the nerve to get UPSET, for getting unwanted phone calls, I haven't heard from them since either...... 8)
By SR9
Ha,Ha I tried that too John. They just never stopped talking no matter what I said. I even tried putting them on speaker phone and letting them ramble on while I did something else. They finally went through their spiel and hung up.

My favorite was to answer and when they asked for me I asked how they new me because I was from the police investigating a murder at this phone location. I put one guy on for almost 5 minutes before he got upset and hung up. Still did not stop anything.

I really don't see this sort of thing going away any time soon. Might have to unplug the phone and just plug it in at the end of the day to get legit voice mails. Very aggravating for sure.
By hayes1966
They just use robo-callers, they dial one number and then change one digit and try again till they get an answer. Best thing to do is ignore any calls that you don't recognize.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!