Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Off-Topic Discussions
By Hddreamer
Hey out there ! Just wondering if anyone's made it out to the new bass pro shop in Bridgeport yet if so ,
How is it
What is it like
What didn't you like about it was planning on going up there and just wanted to get a feel for the place before I get there
Any comments would be appreciated
Thanks in advance !
Paul
By CTSixshot
Sorry, can't help you. I don't get down that way much anymore.
If it's anything like their Springfield, MO store, you should enjoy it!
By Hddreamer
Thanks I'm headed up now I'll let ya know what I think ,
Still would like to hear from som more members though , come on guys there must be some forum members that went up !
By Hddreamer
Went down today , the place is nice ,too crowded for my taste but I guess thats to be expected in a new sporting goods store ,the selection of guns seemed to be on the limited side from what I could see there were sooooo many people at the gun cases it was hard to see !they have a 10 lane bowling alley that looks like your bowling under water pretty cool
All in all I thought it was a very good and organized store looking forward to going again ,maybe when things calm down a bit .
Paul
By Hddreamer
Your welcome SR9 the one thing I did notice is if you don't have your permit on you you cannot handle a pistol, don't know if it's the same for long gun I don't think you will be disappointed
Here's a pic from the bowling ally's
By SR9
That is quite the bowling ally. I will stop by there for sure.

Question : Do they have employees at the entrance wanting to know if you are carrying? Last year at about this time I was met by a few employees that asked that question as I entered Cabellas. I was not happy about that. Of course I would never carry in Hartford because it is so safe there. :roll:
By Hddreamer
Lol I know what you mean , no I wasn't asked nor did I see anyone getting asked
By Mike-Sid
I was not asked anything by the greeters. That is only half of the bowling alley. 6 lanes on the left, a bar in the middle, and 6 more lanes on the right as shown in picture. Cool place. The do have .22's. I bought a bucket of 1400 Remington goldens for $75. They had other options too. The inventory seems to move fast
By Hddreamer
No buckets when I was there ,the pic was the right side of the lanes just took a quick pic to post so everyone can see
By Mike-Sid
Hddreamer wrote:No buckets when I was there ,the pic was the right side of the lanes just took a quick pic to post so everyone can see
Too much going on. I forgot to take pictures of the bowling. Thanks for sharing!
By SR9
Mike-Sid wrote:
Hddreamer wrote:No buckets when I was there ,the pic was the right side of the lanes just took a quick pic to post so everyone can see
Too much going on. I forgot to take pictures of the bowling. Thanks for sharing!
Target Sports in Southington has Aguilla 22 if you are still loking for some.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/aguila- ... -3435.aspx
By SR9
Hddreamer wrote:Lol I know what you mean , no I wasn't asked nor did I see anyone getting asked
Sounds good, not that I would carry in Bridgeport since it is as safe as Hartford. :lol:
By Mike-Sid
SR9 wrote:
Mike-Sid wrote:
Target Sports in Southington has Aguilla 22 if you are still loking for some.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/aguila- ... -3435.aspx
That's a great price now a days! Do they have a retail store? or just mail order?
By Hddreamer
Thanks mike !
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!