Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Off-Topic Discussions
By GerryB
...I don't think so. My wife and I went out to breakfast and I was wearing a Colt shirt with an AR 15 logo on the sleeve and Colt Defense logo on my chest. To top things off I had a Ruger hat on and a CCDL sticker on my back window. My wife was wearing a Ladies Range Day tee shirt... the perfect storm... our waitress was wearing a "Newtown Angels never forget" type tee shirt. She took one look at me and went stone cold. She took our order grudgingly but had another person drop off the food and would not come back to ask us about the food or refill my coffee. She dropped the check without saying anything. I could sense the animosity. On the other hand I would not hide my logos or remove my hat. I feel that I'm a responsible adult firearms owner and I have nothing to be ashamed of. There is room in this world for both sides to coexist. What do you make of it?
By Hddreamer
What was the name of the place ?
I'm glad you didn't cover up the logos that you support
+1 for you Gerry ! It was bad what happened in new town but the world shouldn't be revolving around it , or the people that live there , there a lot of tragic things going on ,on a daily basis and the word dosent stop or change for them , that might sound cold but it's just my 2cents
By GerryB
Its called the Country Diner and it's owned by a retired cop. A decent guy whom I'll bet also owns guns. I wonder if they go round and round on the gun debate?
By punisher
I also wear my pro gun shirts all the time and have stickers on my car. I don't really care what anyone thinks. It's their right to wear their own tshirts and mine too. Amazing how these people act. It's always these anti gun nuts that act like lunatics every time they see something they don't agree with.
By Hddreamer
Ya and they think where the crazy ones when they're the ones I keep going off the deep end
By SR9
punisher wrote:I also wear my pro gun shirts all the time and have stickers on my car. I don't really care what anyone thinks. It's their right to wear their own tshirts and mine too. Amazing how these people act. It's always these anti gun nuts that act like lunatics every time they see something they don't agree with.
Yep and they call us fanatics. :roll:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!