Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By sigequinox
Okay, so my wife and I took our NRA class, filled out the app and everything and the instructions say to contact Bill Warner to make an appointment to hand in app and do fingerprints etc....

it took 2 weeks just to contact the guy in charge and it will be 2 months before i can even get my prints done. yikes.

My father in law in colchester will have his license in 6 weeks. What a great experience this is turning out to be.
By hayes1966
Go to the state police and get your prints done there. Get a copy of your passport or birthcert, NRA cert, completed application and money orders for the various amounts.

Mail the complete package to the chief of police via certified mail.

The references are requested but not required.
By Rich_B
hayes1966 wrote:Go to the state police and get your prints done there. Get a copy of your passport or birthcert, NRA cert, completed application and money orders for the various amounts.

Mail the complete package to the chief of police via certified mail.

The references are requested but not required.
This. Do not wait for their ridiculous fingerprint process.

Get it done at DESPP in Middletown.

They have 5 days to send your prints in, 1 week to issue or deny once they receive your national criminal history report back from SPBI. Stay on top of the dates by calling SPBI and appeal as soon as they violate. Middletown is a well known problem.
By sigequinox
thanks guys. are you sure it's okay to go over this guys head? I definitely don't feel like dealing with the "bottom of the pile" phenomenon for being pesky and impatient. but then again I grew up on long island and am thus instilled with great fear of the process thanks to that liberal sinkhole.
By GreggAndrews
sigequinox wrote:thanks guys. are you sure it's okay to go over this guys head? I definitely don't feel like dealing with the "bottom of the pile" phenomenon for being pesky and impatient. but then again I grew up on long island and am thus instilled with great fear of the process thanks to that liberal sinkhole.
There is no reason to fear going over someone's head.

You pay part of their salary. You are entitled to get what you need by any such means. If the bottom rung is not going to help you because of incompetence, dishonesty, or a combination of both, you just go further up.

Sometimes you have to bitch until you get your way.
By JohnFH
The City of Middletown has to follow the same written procedure as we do. You are following the law, make them follow the same law.

Go so far over their head they get athletes scalp :wink:
By Rich_B
sigequinox wrote:thanks guys. are you sure it's okay to go over this guys head? I definitely don't feel like dealing with the "bottom of the pile" phenomenon for being pesky and impatient. but then again I grew up on long island and am thus instilled with great fear of the process thanks to that liberal sinkhole.
Well if you don't appeal, then you just sit there waiting at the whim of the issuing authority. And Middletown is well known to not be in any hurry at all.
By GreggAndrews
JohnFH wrote:The City of Middletown has to follow the same written procedure as we do. You are following the law, make them follow the same law.

Go so far over their head they get athletes scalp :wink:
Good God that would be disgusting.
By hayes1966
You are not going over his head. The letter and package will still make its way to his desk, just on your schedule not his.
By newguy
Friend of mine had issue getting his permit in Middletown. I was with him down at coffee shop on Court Street and there is this Asian police officer only asian cop on Middletown. Who always down there drinking coffee and He took my friend down to station and got it all straighten out and he got his permit in 3 1/2 weeks. Alot of getting your permit in Middletown has to do with knowing a police officer to push thru your paperwork. Middletown is super clicky
By hayes1966
They normally issue the permit after 8 weeks of receiving the application. The issue is they make you wait for an appointment. By mailing your completed application you bypass that delay. They will still wait the 8 weeks.
By Jason
I had no problem getting mine in Middletown - the police were actively helpful and I didn't know any of them.
By NAmenta
I will be applying in Middletown soon too. I called Officer Warner and left him a message today but after reading this post I am a little discouraged. I want to get this done ASAP as who knows what kind of anti-gun legislation they will be introducing in the near future. By getting the prints done at the DESPP, does this mean I will have to pay an additional fee to them other than the, $16.50, $70.00 and $50.00?
By hayes1966
I think they may charge a nominal feel to do the finger prints but it will speed up the process.
By NAmenta
Ok, so then you would suggest that this is definitely the best method? So then I would send the whole application package including the money orders and prints certified mail to Officer Warner in Middletown? Also, you have 8 weeks before you can file an appeal so what do you say, tack on an extra week since I am sending that package to them? Pursue an appeal if I don't get a call from MPD afrer 9 weeks?
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!