Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with fishing. Feel free to tell the tale of the one that got away.
By myglimk2
And nothing! Well, I did have a decent size bass but as I started to pull him out of the water the hook fell out. :evil:
Also had a huge trout chase my lure in and just sat there about 6' away for about 10 minutes and mock me.

Gonna try again tomorrow morning at a different spot closer to home my brother in law just showed me tonight. Hopefully I'll have better luck and a fresh lunch! 8)
By newguy
Sorry This is how my opening day of fishing went. 4 people 16 trout. You need to wait at least two weeks after opening day for them to restock or your going to get skunked everytime

By myglimk2
My target fish is bass. This new spot I'm about to go try out, not many people know about. :D
By newguy
I had real good luck with just meal worm on a hook with small split shot floating down the stream
By myglimk2
newguy wrote:I had real good luck with just meal worm on a hook with small split shot floating down the stream
I may give this a shot a today also. 8)
By myglimk2
BINGO! First catch of the season! 5/5/13 6:30pm.

Was around 3-4lbs, large mouth bass. Rebel wee frog lure. At one of our fishing spots on Lake Lillinonah in Newtown.
By PaiN
Took ya long enough.... :roll:
By myglimk2
PaiN wrote:Took ya long enough.... :roll:
You ain't lying! :lol:
By newguy
Tell ya with all that green algae that is growing like crazy in ponds and lakes. Plus those Alew fish makes fishing tough.
By Savage99
We had CT river shad and roe in a CT restaurant last Saturday.
By Dan
Really nice fish , I haven't had a chance to go but soon I will ..
By myglimk2
5/17/13- 5lb, 22'' Large Mouth Bass at Southford falls using a Rebel Perch lure. 8)

By myglimk2
SR9 wrote:Nice! you were almost in my back yard. I did not know there was anything that big in there.
I'm usually there 3-4 times a week now. Neither did I! :lol: I should have taken a pic of the small mouth I caught right before this one.
By newguy
4 Trout in 45 mins now that what I call fishing
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!