Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with hunting, post pictures of your trophy, recipes for cooking or tips for fellow hunters.
By XM15
Do you stay in a stand or still hunt?

I usually find a tree to lean on near some sign or a trail, staying until my boots are frozen to the ground and then I start walking around. :) A good friend of mine dislikes waiting around for something to walk by, so he still hunts most of the time.

What do you prefer?
By AGust82
I assume you're talking deer? I'm too active a person to sit very long. I spend the first few hours in a ladder then still hunt my way out. I've never taken anything from the ground though. I find it kind of ridiculous to be honest. a deer can see, hear, and smell a hundred times better than us. To take away our best chance and get right down on their turf really, really lessens it to luck in my opinion. I'm your typical M-F and sometimes Saturday worker so my available hunting time is very valuable to me. I'd rather do something more active and fast paced with my limited time. Mostly waterfowl and a little pheasant.
By XM15
Yeah, I was wondering about deer.

Last year was the first year I shot a deer while I was on the move. Three days into A season I was hiking out to a new spot to try during the evening and a doe exploded out of her bed not 25 yards away. Talk about an adrenaline rush! If she kept going she would have been long gone, but she circled around just long enough for me to get my composure back and let fly with a Coppersolid.

Other than that, I have only seen whitetails while I am staying put.
By Malaga2
every deer that I have taken this year has been while walking...depends on the time of year and the hunting pressure that the deer are under.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!