Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Information related to your local club.
By AgentP
Anybody know what and where the longer/longest ranges are in CT? I shoot at Metacon, we've been trying to go longer than the current 100yd range there for sometime. Just curious what else is out there. I know Hartford gun club has 200yd.
By hayes1966
Bell City in Southington is 200.
Sportsmans Club in Ledyard is 400
There is a club in Winchester that is 300.
By PaiN
Northwest CT Sportsman’s Association in Colebrook, CT is also a 200yrd range with plans to extend in the future.

http://www.nwcsa.org/
By newguy
I love to shoot at a 200 yard range myself doubt i will hit a dam thing with iron sights lol Be fun to try though
By CTSixshot
Ledyard Sporstman off of Col. Ledyard Highway (Whipple Road?) supposedly has (had) a 600 yarder, but I've heard that several 50 BMG bullets ended up in Ledyard center, so that maybe history (not that a 600 yard range makes the errant bullet theory any more plausible). This is what I was told by a member at Groton Sportsmans, but I can't document any of this.
Best to call and inquire directly, I'd suggest.
By hayes1966
Most of the matches at Bell CIty at iron sights.
By newguy
I have to work on my iron sight skills for sure It just hard when i only get to go out like maybe 10 times a summer but plan on changing that soon
By hayes1966
CTSixshot wrote:Ledyard Sporstman off of Col. Ledyard Highway (Whipple Road?) supposedly has (had) a 600 yarder, but I've heard that several 50 BMG bullets ended up in Ledyard center, so that maybe history (not that a 600 yard range makes the errant bullet theory any more plausible). This is what I was told by a member at Groton Sportsmans, but I can't document any of this.
Best to call and inquire directly, I'd suggest.
400 yard range, no 50 cals allowed and it was a 30 cal bullet that left the range. They redesigned the range after that incident.
By CTSixshot
Just goes to show how incidents get distorted, huh? I was a bit skeptical of the 600 figure, but until I go there and see for myself...who knows.
If I recall, Groton Sportsman (Al Harvey Road) has a steel gong at 300 yards, but again, I never measured to verify it. Their military range (during their Field Days) had targets at 100 yards, 200 yards and a gong was still further out, likely another 100 yards...
By sjcolwell2
Hartford Gun Club 200 Yards
East Windsor Marksman 200 Yards
Windsor Marksman 200 Yards ( I think)
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]