Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reports and information on local vendors.
By nvisn
In my hunt for a 5.45 Saiga rifle this is what happened today...

Call 1 - BMG Guns

Me: Hi do you have any Saiga 5.45 rifles in stock?
Lady: Yes.
Me: What is your price on them.
Lady: I have no idea, I'm in the office and my guy on the floor is busy.
Me: Well gas is $4 a gallon and I am an hour away, so you can give me the price and we may do business or not and we WON'T do business.

- Click

EDIT: The other shop mentioned previously on the thread made things right by me. Therefore I am retracting my statement.
Last edited by nvisn on Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
By newguy
Tell ya what my buddy bought a Saiga 223 from BMG ended up paying 450 dollars for it. Even though I told him not to go there. Then found out he paid like 100 dollars too much because Hoffmans had them on sale at the time. Also BMG couldn't find the mag that was supposed to be in the box. So gave him a aftermarket mag and it been jamming like crazy.
By nvisn
Now the guy at Riverview sales can't be bothered "walking across the store" to get me a price.

I am ordering my rifle online. These guys are going to go the way of Blockbuster Video. Customer service in this industry sucks.
By newguy
Customer Service in all industry suck. It hire the handicapped. They will hire people who will work for the least. If they lose some sales they figure so what they saved it in someones salary.
By jerryd
I got 1 gun from PCT and he was kind of upset i didnt buy any ammo from him , has some nice things in there , just dont have enough money ! Istill like K-5 if you deal with frank, also North Atlantic in monroe, lots of shotguns.
nvisn wrote:In my hunt for a 5.45 Saiga rifle this is what happened today...

Call 1 - BMG Guns

Lady: Yes.
Me: What is your price on them.
Lady: I have no idea, I'm in the office and my guy on the floor is busy.
Me: Well gas is $4 a gallon and I am an hour away, so you can give me the price and we may do business or not and we WON'T do business.

- Click

Call 2 - Park City Tactical

Guy: Yes.
Me: What is your price?
Guy: We do not give prices on the phone, come into the shop we are very competitive.
Me: Thanks.

I then drive 15 minutes across town to find out THE ARE F*CKING CLOSED and the guy took the call on his phone...

He then calls me back an hour or so later and apologizes to me for the person being out sick AND THEN STILL REFUSES TO GIVE ME THE F*CKING PRICE after I told him I drove all the way down there for no reason.

I hope both these sh*tholes go t*ts-up.

+100
All the gun stores that ive gone too, all assw$$oles.
EVERY single one.
Riverview same shit, and they are still expensive. Last time i went there i needed some Glock parts and the moron that was attendind me didnt even know what a slide release was on a freakin Glock. WTH?
I dont even bother going there anymore. Expensive and just a plain waste of time, Everytime.
Hoffmans still has garbage customer service, i just go there, buy something and leave.

Most of the time you walk into hoffmans and the guys behind the counter take off or just simply IGNORE you. 99% of the guys at Hoffmans are douche bags and I mean that 100%. I go there for prices and thats it.

If I didnt have to pay transfer fees and had patience i would just order online.

Cabelas is sort of expensive most of the time but at least they ask if you need help.

The only shops in this state that will still get my money are Hoffman's, CT Firearms and Woodbridge Firearms Trading Post.
By punisher
Oooooppps
Messed up the reply.
Nvisn got me all stirred up with the gun shops that just plain suck but.
I forgot to add NGX, okay but slow like caramel in the winter.

They should invest in recliners but they wouldnt fit because their shop is such a pig stye and smells like an outhouse.
By magneton44
For all the reason's above, this is why I continually opt to deal exclusively with board members. Not discounting the fact that others may want what they want and would rather not wait for "something " to pop up. In the past 6 months or so, I've walked out of more LGS's, just for the simple reason of the their ATTITUDE. Trust me, patience is not my best attribute, but I'll wait for what attracts me as a buyer and give my hard earned $$$ to the people on these Forums in CT. Everyone that I've dealt with here, has been accomodating, respectful and easygoing. Enough said.
By mu2bdriver
magneton44 wrote:For all the reason's above, this is why I continually opt to deal exclusively with board members. Not discounting the fact that others may want what they want and would rather not wait for "something " to pop up. In the past 6 months or so, I've walked out of more LGS's, just for the simple reason of the their ATTITUDE. Trust me, patience is not my best attribute, but I'll wait for what attracts me as a buyer and give my hard earned $$$ to the people on these Forums in CT. Everyone that I've dealt with here, has been accomodating, respectful and easygoing. Enough said.
Absolutely right. I've been looking for stuff for more than a year and eventually it pops up. I would much rather deal with someone from a local board than reward some marginal shop with undeserved revenue. Some places are the best advertisement for mail order.
By GreggAndrews
This is why I go to smaller, less high-speed-tac-tard shops. I despise weekend warriors, and the shops that support them. To me, it is very, very annoying.

Northwest Sporting Goods in Winsted.

Autumn Gun Works in Goshen.

Icebox Firearms in Norfolk.

Good selections, great folks to know, and none of them have ever given me reason to believe that they're less than superb to deal with.

Those places of course, are from my experience, and my opinion only.
By Pogue
I can't say I've had any real terrible experiences at Hoffman's. I usually know what I want and do all of my research before hand. The couple of times that I did need help, I had no problem getting it. I am able to go during off peak hours because I live close by, so YMMV.

NGX is a nice, albiet small shop. I've purchased a couple of handguns from them and done most of my transfers through them. They are helpful enough, though there was one rather condecending guy that worked the counter. Not rude, but he gave off a douchy vibe. I haven't been there in a while so I don't know if he's still there.

I've walked into BMG a couple of times to browse and even had a B.S. session with some of the guys, but their prices just keep me out.

Cabelas is over priced, has a deli feel, and they walked me out like a child before i could has my gunz.

I have purchased firearms through Gunbroker and the forum classifieds but, I will also continue to patronize these brick an mortar shops because if we all stop shopping there, they go away. And that my friends is bad for all of us.
By Drew
I dream of a friendly gunshop that isnt "Doing me a favor", gives me a fair price, answers emails, calls me back, doesnt have fluctuating prices on NFA transfers and lastly doesnt have the ability to lose documentation sent via email, fax and snail mail all on the same day. I mean whats the odds of not getting any of the three? :roll:

Surprisingly the best luck I have had when I want something right away has been at Hoffmans. Chris at Bethany treats me well but doesnt stock much.
Marie at Delta Arsenal is fantastic to deal with. She gets it but still needs to refer to others on occasion but thats ok.
By BigJonBoy
@ newguy, What does "hiring the handicapped" have to do with customer service? People with disabilitys can't do as good a job as people without?
By GreggAndrews
BigJonBoy wrote:@ newguy, What does "hiring the handicapped" have to do with customer service? People with disabilitys can't do as good a job as people without?
I believe he meant it in snide as in "mentally handicapped". Of which, I would agree with that statement that most customer service centers are run by retarded children in Somalia & Pakistan.
By GreggAndrews
BigJonBoy wrote:@ newguy, What does "hiring the handicapped" have to do with customer service? People with disabilitys can't do as good a job as people without?
I believe he meant it in snide as in "mentally handicapped". Of which, I would agree with that statement that most customer service centers are run by retarded children in Somalia & Pakistan.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!