Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reports and information on local vendors.
By BigKahuna
Cabela's has a sale going that includes Herter's 9mm FMJ with brass cases for $9.99 per box of 50. They put it on an end display across from the gun counter, instead of where all of the other ammo is displayed. There are other things on sale but the 9mm was all that interested me.

Just an FYI.
By fantomas
Nice find. How does the Herter's shoot? Cleaner/dirtier than Federal Champion?

At the service desk they have a small camping pamphlet.. which on the back has a $20 off $150 coupon... Pretty much good for anything online or in store. would put 750 rounds of this stuff at about 18.6 cents a round after taxes.
By BigKahuna
I don't see much difference with the Herters, but I clean the pistol after each trip to the range. It might be a little dirtier, but at a good price, an extra effort in cleaning is worth it, IMHO.
By Mike_Diako
I was at cabelas earlier. I didn't grab any 9mm since I have plenty but they had a smoking deal on Royal buckshot. It was $2.19 per 5 round box.
By GreggAndrews
Mike_Diako wrote:I was at cabelas earlier. I didn't grab any 9mm since I have plenty but they had a smoking deal on Royal buckshot. It was $2.19 per 5 round box.

Is this sale going on Sunday???

If so, I'll be there. $2.19 for buckshot is darn decent.
By Mike_Diako
According to the flyer that's in front of me it should be. They had a nice Norinco 98 12ga there for $159 as well. If I had the money I would have snagged it.
By budget76
I went. Picked up 200 rounds of the .223 Herters. It's stamped TULA for those who don't know, just a different box.

Put ~40 rounds thru my M&P15 sport with no issues, just ordered another 1000 rounds. Supposed to be available to ship ~Sept.10, hope it does. Couldn't find the steel cased anywhere in stock for <.25c/round in bulk.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!