Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Clays, Trap, Skeet etc, all shotgun related queries and information.
By JohnFH
Torrington Sportsman club( I think thats the name) it's on Weed rd was shooting a weekly beginner league, thats all I know about
By hayes1966
I would check out the local rod and gun club, several of them have skeet matches that are open to the public.
By Polstery
Did you try it yet, I'm always will to show new people how to do skeet, I'm at the Hartford gun club
By LTB45
I shoot a little trap and skeet.8O
I have taught a few people how. :D
I would be willing to give you lessons 8)
My fee is reasonable :P
By GixerJockey
I will gladly teach you how to effectively shoot a shotgun. But I don't like to start people with actual games like trap or skeet. The competitive nature of actual trap and skeet make the learning curve much longer. I'd much rather start you just busting clays in a field. I'll have you breaking 90% of them by the end of the afternoon. Once you feel comfortable with a shotgun, then go shoot some trap and skeet till your hearts content. And don't forget sporting clays.

Let me know... We'll go shoot at Blue Trail. I'll bring multiple shotguns and knowledge... You buy clays.
By LTB45
That is very kind of you GixerJockey

$22 a person to use the "skeet" field at BT is a bit costly, but it is the way and exactly where I learned to shoot clays.

Nowadays I find that if I want to use my thrower, I use the trap field at my club when they are not shooting trap. This happens rarely though since I prefer the actual games of Trap and Skeet. Oh and lets not forget Sporting Clays :D
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!