Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Clays, Trap, Skeet etc, all shotgun related queries and information.
By snakeeater332
I'm a tactical kind of guy, with my firearms experience primarily being from my military and LE background. I have some decent shotgun experience, but almost entirely with pump shotguns. I don't hunt or trap/skeet shoot. I see the shotgun as a tactical tool of the trade and my primary uses are for work/duty, training, and action shooting matches (another form of training for me).

I've been considering a semi-auto shotgun for a while and I'm heavily leaning towards the Mossberg 930 SPX, due to its controls being similar to both my duty-issued and personally owned 14" Mossy 590A1s for familiarity and consistency in training. I've handled the 930 in gun stores and I like its weight and feel. It is also reasonably priced.

If anyone has any opinions on the 930 or 930 SPX, based upon owning and/or having actually used one, I'm looking for your feedback. If you could also include any accessories or modifications you think may improve the standard weapon, please add these comments as well.

Thanks!

Andy
By nvisn
I had a 930 Tactical that was a beast. My boss had a 930SPX that was a total piece of crap.
By LTB45
nvisn wrote:I had a 930 Tactical that was a beast. My boss had a 930SPX that was a total piece of crap.
The SPX model is notorious for feed issues with lighter loads.
By nvisn
His had low brass feeding issues and it could not be sighted in for slugs. He sent it back and they fixed it. $30 for shipping later...
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!