Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Competitive Bullseye Shooting, match information, instructor notes and suggestions.
By JohnB
where was that taken ? looks like theres a story behind that pic
By JohnB
is there any camp perry trips this year ?
By Franksav
We usually have about 12 to 18 pistol shooters from Connecticut shoot the Nationals at Camp Perry each year. The pistol matches are usually fired the 2nd week of July followed by smallbore rifle and highpower rifle. Muzzleloaders preceed pistol. The matchs start in July and run into August. There are groups of shooters from CT who participate in smallbore and highpower. I'll see if I can dig up some more Camp Perry pictures
By Franksav
Here's a picture of the firing line at Camp Perry. There are 400 firing points arranged in four 100 firing point lines. The gentleman with the blue hat and Hawaiian shirt is gunsmith Ed Masaki.

Here's a picture of the Connecticut Team scoring targets.

I have more pictures but I'll have to scan them in when I get time.
By JohnB
kinda looks like our version of mecca, i'd love to go there one day..always nice to see pictures of places like that and possibly people you know, i'd like to see more whenever you scan them
By Franksav
Scoring Targets

By Franksav
Roger's early shot!

By Franksav
Here's an old picture of me shooting a blackpowder revolver.

By JohnB
love that blackpowder shot, in full recoil no less, what kind of pistol was that ?
By Franksav
That's a Ruger Old Army in stainless steel. It's a fun gun to shoot but I haven't had time to shoot it in years. It makes a lot of smoke and noise. I was shooting it at Blue Trail one time and I had people comming down from the other end of the range to see what I was shooting.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!