Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Competitive Bullseye Shooting, match information, instructor notes and suggestions.
By Sebring_Pop
Can't help sorry I shoot a 41
By JohnFH
I use a Hogue
By SR9
JohnFH wrote:I use a Hogue
I should take a look at that. Currently I am using a Herret and it works very well. I am just looking to do some fine tuning on my current pistol until finances free up so I have the option to maybe step up to something else.

Had a 264 average last year and 263 this year, sort of plateaued.
By JohnFH
As much as it sucks, "try" to get an ammo that shoots well out of your gun, and then have someone watch you or video tape yourself.

If you have reached a point where your not improving, the root cause is the shooter unless you have a mechanical issue.

Sorry to be so blunt, but as an instructor, I see this alot. And there is no magic $$$ fix.

Focus on the basics, tons and tons of dry fire.

We people types tend to pick up bad habits at an alarming rate, so a good refresher of the basics every once in a while helps get the head and body back on track and in focus. Come up for a few hours and I'll practice with you.
By SR9
I have been thinking about that and definitely been doing a lot of dry fire. I have had a half dozen scores in the 270s and high 260s over the season but just not consistently. I sometimes wonder if stress at home is in play here.

When I switched to the Herret grip I became much more consistent and my trigger finger goes to the right place almost without thinking. The old grip did not have enough palm swell. The pistol is fine I am sure and as you say the shooter is the variable.

I think a friend has a video camera, maybe I will get him to video me and see what I am doing or not doing.
By Sebring_Pop
I have a little thing I do when I dry fire is put a dime on the slide when you dry fire and you guessed it don't drop it.
By cwlongshot
I have a few of them, on various pistols.

Some time back he got out of the business and his son? took it over...I think there was some rocky times but last I knew they where making grips...

This is a couple year old info, sorry.

They are nice grips.

CW
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!