Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Action Shooting
By weldon20
Northeast Combat Pistol League is an IDPA affiliated action shooting club that runs IDPA matches along with other rifle, shotgun and 3-gun matches at the Metacon Gun Club in Simsbury, Connecticut.

We draw from a holster and shoot on the move while engaging targets with rifles, shotguns and handguns. We are unlike anything you may have seen or shot before. We have been around for 40+ years and we are one of the oldest "Combat Pistol" clubs in the country.

All of our matches are open to the public for a modest fee. Visit our website at : www.necpl.com or for more information contact:

Glenn at: [email protected]
By resinator
Has anyone gone to these mataches and how are they run?
By CTSixshot
Several years back, I attended a couple of the IDPA shoots at Metacon. They are the formal, that is, by the rule book (see the link for NECPL), shoots. I'd say it was a fine venue, but you'll have to consult the source for specifics. I'd imagine they've moved inside for the winter, so I don't know if they do 3-guns inside.

I do know that Hartford (East Granby) runs IDPA matches, too.

Harwinton does an informal version...more for fun and not so technical (same same at Chris' Indoor Shooting Range in Guilford...see Randolf's video clips elsewhere on this forum).

http://www.necpl.com/
By djmiked
NECPL matches are great. They are fun and laid back and they are not that techincal. They follow IDPA rules but are not anal about them. If you are looking for some fun shoots to hone your skills then come to one of the matches. Some of the Harwington guys come to these matches.

Right now the matches are indoors for the winter through April. Almost all of the indoor matches have you using a flashight as the senarios are either low light or no light.

Outdoor matches start in May and run through November. Outdoor matches consist of IDPA and also some rifle and shotgun matches. Check the website for the courses of fire.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!